City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on Monday, May 15, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City
Hall. Public Access to the meeting may also be accessed through the following from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8744783529, Telephone: 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID 874 478 3529
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve May 1, 2023 Regular minutes
- Resolution 2023-1513 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (December 2022-April 2023), Receipts (April 17, 2023-May 15, 2023), Sheriff’s Report (April 2023), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Discuss/Action on request from PeopleService to sign into 5 year contract with Sewer Solution for City sewer maintenance
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on Waterloo Water Works 28E Agreement
- Discuss/Action on Lafayette Rd.
- New Business
- Motion to approve liquor license for Tipsy’z Bar and Grill
- Motion to approve the 2023 MS4 Annual Report
- Public Hearing on Adopting Budget Amendment for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2023 Resolution
- No. 2023-1514
- Motion to Open Public Hearing
- Motion to Close Public Hearing
- Motion to approve or reject Resolution No. 2023-1514 adopting Budget Amendment for FY23 and authorize City Clerk to submit to County Auditor
- Motion to approve or reject Resolution No. 2023-1515 and authorize City Clerk to transfer $59,404.14 from Sewer Fund to Capital Improvement Fund to pay for Engineering Costs of $17,841.64 and Up-To-Date Construction Costs of $41,562.50 associated with the Raymond & Elk Run Heights Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- WasteWater Treatment Facility Construction Business
- Discuss/Action to approve requested change order(s): Motion to approve Resolution 2023-1516 - A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Raymond, Iowa authorizing Change Order #7 to include 8” erosion control stone for the sludge lagoon.
- Discuss a Citywide Clean up
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667