City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visitin
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on September 21, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City Hall. Participants can come to city hall (practice social distancing) or participate via Zoom.com: via computer https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85850680579. or telephone: 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID: 858 5068 0579
Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve August 17, 2020 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1394 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (August 2020), Receipts (August 18, 2020 – September 21, 2020), Sheriff’s Report (August 2020), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement
- Street Department Report
- Discuss/Action changing speed limit on N. 3rd St. at City limits to 25 mph
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Jason Miller from MSA Professional Services to discuss new sewer treatment plant
- Engineering Report
- Discussion Lafayette Road Reconstruction
- Old Business
- New Business
- Motion to approve Resolution 1395 for the FY2020 Street Financial Report
- Discuss/Action on setting Trick-or-Treat Day and Hours
- Motion to approve Resolution 1396 to reschedule the October 5th Council Meeting time to start at 5:45 P.M.
Below is a link to the Zoom Video Meeting on Lafayette Road Reconstruction
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667