City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on December 17, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve December 3, 2018 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1331 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (November 2018), Receipts (November 20, 2018 - December 17, 2018), Sheriff’s Report (November 2018), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Chris Gutschow or Steve Robinette with PeopleService to answer questions on Lift Station Maintenance Proposal - Cancelled
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Discuss Black Hawk County brining 3rd through Raymond City limits.
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Motion to approve Contractor Pay Application #3 for North Main Water Loop Project
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on the 28E Agreement with Elk Run Heights
- Discuss/Action on new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works–Tabled until Council hears back from Waterloo Water Works.
- Discuss/Action to appoint Councilperson or hold a special election.
- Discuss/Action on PeopleService, Inc. proposal for lift station maintenance – Motion to remove from agenda
- New Business
- Discussion and potential action on modifying existing sanitary sewer easement for purpose of additional development at 300 S. 3rd also known as Even Storage
NOTICE OF COUNCIL APPOINTMENT
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Raymond, Iowa will fill the vacancy of Council Member by appointment on Monday, December 17, 2018 at the regular Council Meeting. Electors have the right to file a petition with the City Clerk within fourteen days after the publication, or fourteen days after the appointment whichever is the later, requesting that the vacancy be filled by Special Election. The petition must be signed by eligible electors who would be, if registered, entitled to vote to fill the office in question equal to 15% or 200 whichever is less of the votes cast for that office at the last preceding election at which the office was on the ballot. Such petition would require 34 signatures for a Special Election for this vacancy. If anyone is interested in this position, please contact the Mayor, a City Council Member or the City Clerk at 232-6153. Also, be in attendance at the December 17, 2018 Council Meeting.
NOTICE OF CONSTRUCTION
RAYMOND NORTH WATER MAIN LOOPING
September 10, 2018
Dear Residents of Raymond,
The North Water Main Looping project is set to begin very soon. Graff Construction of Toledo, IA tentatively plans to have crews on site to begin construction the week of September 17th. This project includes the installation of approximately two miles of water main primarily along Conard Rd, allowing for a second connection to Waterloo Water Works system at Elk Run Road and completing an important water main loop for the City of Raymond. Water main installation will take place this Fall, with final restoration and seeding to take place in the Spring.
In the coming weeks, you can expect to see underground utility location markings and flags. These markings and flags are used to identify conflicts and warn the Contractor to the presence of underground utilities. Please do not disturb the markings or the flags as they are vital throughout the construction process.
Likewise, construction stakes and hubs will be placed to mark out the water main alignment and elevation for the Contractor. Please do not disturb these features.
For residents living near the project corridor, please use caution when traveling near the construction zones, as there will be some debris, stockpiles of materials, equipment and/or personnel working at various times of day. One-way traffic will be maintained along Conard Road at all times during construction. We appreciate your cooperation in following signage and alternating traffic during lane closures.
Patience is appreciated as Graff Construction, the City of Raymond, and MSA work together for a successful and timely completion of the project. Should you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact Jake Huck with MSA or Raymond City Hall.
Jake Huck, PE
Phone: (563) 542-6571
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667