City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. The 2010 census reported our population at 788.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting!
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on April 20, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve April 6, 2015 regular meeting.
- Resolution 1197 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (n/a=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (March 2015), Receipts (March 17, 2015-April 20, 2015), Sheriff’s Report (March 2015), Library (n/a).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Fire Department Report
- Membership changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Discuss/Action on road repair lists.
- Parks Department Report
- Discuss/Action on Pre-emergent Crabgrass Application for H.E. Park, City Hall, Fire Station
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision.
- Discussion of Low Water Pressure North side of Raymond in Royal Ridge Development
- Update from City Attorney on property at 6410 Lafayette Rd.
- Solicit Bid Packets
- Update from City Attorney on property at 200 Landmark
- Discuss/Action on swing set for Scott Thome Park
- Discuss/Action on fitness equipment for walking path
- New Business
- Discuss/Action on amending Ordinance 165.13(1) Accessory Buildings, Structures, Hoop buildings, and Uses to include the wording “measured from the principal building overhang”.
- Discuss/Action of Nuisances Ordinance.
- Discuss/Action on Resolution 1198 - A RESOLUTION OPPOSING THE CLOSING OF FARMERS STATE BANK IN RAYMOND, IOWA
- Discuss/Action to set public hearing for FY15 Budget Amendment
- Update on possible subdivision development.
Here is the link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
April 15th: A: Beef Chili, Baked Potato, Tossed Salad, Cornbread, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Sour Cream, Salad Dressing, & Margarine. B: Chicken Salad, Mixed Bean Soup, Celery Sticks, No-Salt Crackers, Citrus Fruit Cup, & Ranch Dressing.
April 22nd: A: Turkey Ham w/White Beans, Sliced Carrots, Potato Salad, Cornbread, Glazed Fruit, & Margarine. B: Chef Salad, Orange Juice, No-Salt Crackers, Glazed Fruit, Salad Dressing.
The City of Raymond is taking sealed bids for the property located at: 6410 Lafayette Road - UNPLATTED RAYMOND E 2 RDS N 16 RDS NW FRL W 22 FT N 16 RDS NE FRL EXC N 50 FT SEC 3 T 88 R 12 Bid packets will be available April 20, 2015 at the Raymond City Council meeting. Bid must be in a sealed envelope. Instructions are contained in the bid packet. Written on the outside of the sealed envelope must be the address that bid is being made on. The City reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Sealed bids are due to the City Clerk’s Office at 101 1st St. or P.O. Box 156, Raymond, IA 50667 by 6:00 p.m. May 4, 2015. Call the City Clerk if you have questions at 319-232-6153. This property will be sold by Quit Claim Deed only and without an abstract, and the buyer is responsible for all fees including recording fees, transfer fees and closing costs.
The City Council is looking for Raymond residents who are interested in serving on a committee to head up/serve on a Raymond Days Committee. If interested please contact City Hall at 232-6153.