City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on February 19, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve January 22, 2018 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1299 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (December 2017/January 2018), Receipts (January 23, 2018 – February 18, 2018), Sheriff’s Report (January 2018), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Fire Department Report
- Membership Changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision
- Discuss charges for water meter replacements
- Discuss/Action on sale of fireworks and amending Ordinance 45 Section 23:
- Motion to open Public Hearing for comments from public on proposed Ordinance 203 to AMEND THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF RAYMOND, IOWA TO AMEND CHAPTER 45 SECTION 23 PUBLIC OFFENSES
- Motion to close public hearing
- Motion to pass first reading of proposed Ordinance 203
- Motion to set date for second reading of Ordinance 200 or motion to suspend second and third readings of proposed Ordinance 203 and put Ordinance 203 up for final adoption.
- Motion to adopt proposed Ordinance 203
- Discuss/Action on warning stop ahead light for 3rd
- New Business
- Discuss new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works.
- Discuss possible regionalization of fire departments.
- The Midwest Connection for Stormwater, Erosion Control & Watershed Management Professionals
- Work Session – Budget Development for FY19 and set date of public hearing
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the City Council of Raymond, Iowa in the Raymond City Hall located at 101 1st St in Raymond, Iowa at 6:00 p.m. on February 22, 2018. The purpose of this hearing is to solicit citizen input on the proposed ordinance amendment by amending Chapter 45 Public Offenses.
Amend Section 45.23(2) of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Raymond, Iowa by as follows:
- Regulations. It is unlawful for any person to use or explode any fireworks; provided the City may, upon application in writing, grant a permit for the display of fireworks by a City agency, fair associations, amusement parks and other organizations or group of individuals approved by City authorities when such fireworks display will be handled by a competent operator. Allowed time periods are as follows:
- July 3rd through July 5th from 8:00 PM until 11:00 PM
- December 31st from 8:00 PM until January 1st 12:30 AM
- Permit fee: $20 for a 2-day permit
No permit shall be granted hereunder unless the operator or sponsoring organization has filed with the City evidence of insurance in the following amounts:
- Personal Injury: -$250,000.00 per person
- Property Damage: -$50,000.00
- Total Exposure: -$1,000,000.00
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 727.2)
The public is invited to attend. A copy of the associated information for this public hearing is on file for review at Raymond City Hall, 101 1st St., 319-232-6153. Any persons wishing to be heard on this matter will be afforded the opportunity to be heard. Written comments will be accepted through the day of the public hearing at Raymond City Hall; PO Box 156; Raymond, Iowa 50667. Oral questions or comments can be directed to (319) 232-6153.
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667