City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. The 2010 census reported our population at 788.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on March 20, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve March 6, 2017 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1265 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (February 2017), Receipts (February 21, 2017 – March 20, 2017), Sheriff’s Report (February 2017), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Fire Department Report
- Membership changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Discuss/Action on Fire Department checking balance and Farmers State Bank
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Open Public Hearing for the plans, specifications, form of contract and estimate of cost for the 3rd Street Rehabilitation Project.
- Close Public Hearing
- Motion to approve Resolution 1268 approving and confirming plans, specifications and forms of contract for the 3rd Street Rehabilitation Project.
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Discuss/Action on purchasing a 2nd lifting magnet to remove manhole covers
- Discuss/Action on 2-tier sewer billing system for compliant & non-compliant drainage of sump pump/floor drains/eaves spouts
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision
- Discuss/Action on Royal Ridge Retention Pond - Discuss proposed detention pond plat for Royal Ridge Development and gift to City of detention pond and possible action to refer to P and Z for their comment and approval.
- Discussion on Raymond Days 2017
- Discuss/Action on rescheduling July 2017 Council Meetings - Motion to approve Resolution 1267 Approving Rescheduling The Monthly City Council Meetings in July 2017
- Discuss/Action on E. Lafayette Ditch bid and S. 1st culvert bid.
- Discuss/Action on a 2nd option for shoulder work on V49 (S. Raymond Rd.) installing a granular base (2’ wide x 4” deep) in the amount of $11,300 or 1st option installing hot mix asphalt base widening (2’ wide x 4” deep) in the amount of $21,500.00
- Discussion on MPO meeting April 14th
- New Business
- Discuss/Action on Resolution 1266 – A Resolution Authorizing a 2% Cost of Living Adjustment for Part-Time Employees for FY18 (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018).
- Introduction to Planning & Zoning for Local Officials Workshop – April 18th at Waterloo Center for the Arts – 5:30 PM – 8:45 PM
- Discuss Black Hawk County Board of Supervisors vote on renewing Sheriff services for Raymond.
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
The City Council is looking for Raymond residents who are interested in serving on a committee to head up/serve on a Raymond Days Committee. If interested please contact City Hall at 232-6153.