City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. The 2010 census reported our population at 788.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on August 15, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve August 1, 2016 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1249 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (July 2016), Receipts (July 19, 2016-August 15, 2016), Sheriff’s Report (July 2016), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Fire Department Report
- Membership changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision.
- Discuss/Action on Williams Ag easement agreement
- Discuss/Action on Royal Ridge Retention Pond - Discuss proposed detention pond plat for Royal Ridge Development and gift to City of detention pond and possible action to refer to P and Z for their comment and approval.
- Discuss/Action on Planning & Zoning decision on size of Accessory Buildings
- Discuss/Action on Raymond Capital Improvement Plan FY 2016-2026
- New Business
- Discuss letter received from the Planning and Zoning Board regarding size of Accessory Buildings.
- Discuss/Action on updated Lease Renewal for United States Postal Service at 111 Commercial St.
Here is the link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
The City Council is looking for Raymond residents who are interested in serving on a committee to head up/serve on a Raymond Days Committee. If interested please contact City Hall at 232-6153.