City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
he City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on April 16, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve April 2, 2018 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1304 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (March), Receipts (March 20, 2018 – April 16, 2018), Sheriff’s Report (March 2018), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Set date for Public Hearing/Review & Approve MSA Bidding & Construction-Related Services Contract
- Discussion/Action on guard rail quote for corners along Lafayette Rd. & 3rd
- Parks Department Report
- Discussion/Action on Green Scene Tree Project
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision
- Discuss/Action on amending Ordinance 165 Section 37 Subsection 2:
- Motion to open Public Hearing for comments from public on proposed Ordinance 204 to AMEND THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF RAYMOND, IOWA TO AMEND CHAPTER 165 SECTION 37 Subsection 2 Principal Permitted Uses.
- Motion to close public hearing
- Motion to pass second reading of proposed Ordinance 204
- Motion to set date for third reading of Ordinance 204 or motion to suspend third reading of proposed Ordinance 204 and put Ordinance 204 up for final adoption.
- Motion to adopt proposed Ordinance 204
- Discuss new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works.
- Discuss possible regionalization of fire departments.
- New Business
- Discuss/Action on FY19 28E Contractual Agreement for Law Enforcement Services with Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Department
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667