City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on June 17, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve June 3, 2019 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1350 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (April/May 2019), Receipts (May 20, 2019 – June 17, 2019), Sheriff’s Report (May 2019), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Discuss/Action on new church sign St. Joseph Catholic Church would like to install around E. Central and 3rd
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Discuss/Action on Pump Maintenance Agreement from Iowa Pump Works.
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works–Tabled until Council hears back from Waterloo Water Works.
- Discuss/Action on master plumber inspection of 508 S. 3rd sewer line
- Discuss/Action on Amended Five Year Sewer Maintenance Contract (effective June 1, 2019) with Municipal Pipe Tool - Tabled until quote can be received from Visu-Sewer.
- Discuss/Action on estimate to repair concrete on post office steps and ramp.
- Discuss/Action on ditch along 306 & 320 N. 4th (properties of Tom McGowan & Jeremy Ades)
- New Business
- Motion to approve Liquor License for New Star Raymond Convenience Store
- Motion to approve Cigarette & Tobacco Permit for New Star Raymond Convenience Store
- Discuss/Action on proposed rate increase effective July 1, 2019 for garbage and recycle collection from Waste Management and set public hearing on future rate adjustments for garbage and recycle.
- Email received stating safety concerns on Raymond Road.
Joint Council Meeting
Elk Run Heights/Raymond
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Elk Run City Hall
Call the meeting to order and roll call.
Approve the Joint Sewer Committee Meeting minutes of May 21, 2019
Review Wastewater Treatment Facility Plan with Jason Miller of MSA Professional Services
Discuss/Action on Contract for Design Phase Services
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667