City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. The 2010 census reported our population at 788.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting!
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on August 31, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve August 17, 2015 regular meeting.
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision.
- Discuss/Action on pursuing a new financial institution.
- Discuss/Action on request from Bernie Schmitz to fill in the ditch along S. 3rd in front of his mother’s property located at 308 S. 3rd St. –Tabled until action from Board of Adjustments
- Discuss/Action on bid from SJ Construction to install new front steel door at City Hall
- New Business
Here is the link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
The City Council is looking for Raymond residents who are interested in serving on a committee to head up/serve on a Raymond Days Committee. If interested please contact City Hall at 232-6153.