City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. The 2010 census reported our population at 788.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on September 18, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve August 21, 2017 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1286 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (August 2017), Receipts (August 22, 2017 – September 18, 2017), Sheriff’s Report (August 2017), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Discuss/Action on Little Free Library
- Fire Department Report
- Membership changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Discuss/Action on curbing for stop signs on Dubuque Rd. & Commercial St.
- Discuss Snow Removal Bid Request
- Discuss/Action on installing speed bump on Taylor Lane (request from citizen living on Taylor Ln)
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Discuss/Action on 2-tier sewer billing system for compliant & non-compliant drainage of sump pump/floor drains/eaves spouts
- Discuss charges for water meter replacements.
- Engineering Report
- Discuss/Action on DNR Storm Water MS-4 Compliance Inspection.
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision
- Discuss/Action on Raymond Days 2017
- Discuss/Action on sale of fireworks and amending Ordinance 45 Section 23 – Tabled until January 2018.
- Discuss/Action on All Terrain Vehicles
- New Business
- Resolution 1287 to Approve 2017 Street Financial Report
- Resolution 1288, a resolution approving Changer Order No. 1 for the Raymond 3rd Street Rehabilitation Project.
- Resolution 1289, a resolution approving Certificate of Substantial Completion, Statement of Final Completion and Release of Claims for the Raymond 3rd Street Rehabilitation Project.
- Discussion on Fire Dept. Fun Ride tentative date October 14, 2017.
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm